Effective Date: May 10, 2017
Latest Update and Release Date: Dec. 28, 2017
Before using SF’s products or services, please read and understand this Policy, especially the provisions in boldface. SF will display this Policy or the links or ways that facilitate you to read and obtain this Policy in SF’s websites, applications, other product or service platforms, and in the terms and conditions on the waybill. When you are using SF's websites, applications or other products or services, or continue to use SF's websites, applications or other products or services after this Policy is updated, it shall be deemed that you have read, understood and agreed on this Policy and its versions that may be released from time to time, and agree on SF’s collecting and handling of your personal information based on the agreement in this Policy.
This Policy contains the following contents:
(11) Updates of this Policy;
(12) Requests or Complaints.
I. Types of Information SF Collects and Ways of Collecting
SF may collect your personal information in connection with various activities such as (1) use of the SF websites and applications, (2) shipping activities, including delivery and pick-up of shipments and use of the SF value-added services (such as “Shipment Protection Plus” Service), payment and financial services, (3) requests to track shipments or answer questions, (4) questionnaire surveys, and (5) promotions and other offers.
The types of personal information SF may obtain include:
- Shipping information, such as (1) shipping-related contact details like the shipper's and receiver's names, ID information, company name, physical address, email address and telephone number or fax number, (2) signature for proof of delivery, (3) information given to SF that helps SF access locations to which SF provides services, and (4) information provided to SF regarding the content of certain shipments (but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content);
- Username (such as credit account number and account numbers registered at SF's official website, SF International and SFBuy), password and other credentials used to access SF’s products and services;
- Names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom SF is asked to send information;
- Information provided in response to surveys;
- Social media user names, contents and other data posted on SF's official social media pages or elsewhere on the Internet (such as other public locations), and information SF obtains through SF-related social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (including third-party login services such as "Login with WeChat, Alipay and QQ");
- The geographic location of your mobile device if you use certain features of SF apps;
- Payment and financial information (including but not limited to bank account number, payment card details, online payment service number and invoicing address);
- Tax identification number in circumstances in which you use products or services for which this information is required, or in connection with certain promotions or prize draws;
- Other personal information that you provide to SF to obtain SF’s products or services;
- When SF picks up or delivers a shipment or provides other services, SF may obtain geographic location data. This includes, for example, data identifying the actual location of a physical address using information such as GPS data, geocodes, latitude and longitude information, and images of the various locations.
In addition, when you visit SF websites, use SF apps or SF-related tools, widgets and plug-ins, SF may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information SF collects in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken, and dates and time of activity. A "cookie" is a text file that websites send to a visitor's computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A "web beacon", also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages or apps to web servers and may be used to transmit information back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, SF obtains and stores "clickstream data" to tell SF the usage patterns. SF may link certain data elements it has collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information it has obtained about you to let it know, for example, whether you have opened an email it sent to you. SF may also use third-party analytical tools to collect information about visitor traffic on SF websites or apps. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all the features of SF websites or apps. SF may collect information about visitors' online activities when using SF websites and apps.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on SF websites and apps, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of these features.
II. Purpose, Means and Scope of Using Information
SF may use the information it collects to:
- Pick up, deliver and track shipments;
- Provide logistics-related products and services (such as customs clearance and financial services);
- Process and collect payments;
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments;
- Establish and manage your SF account (including your credit account and accounts registered at SF's official website);
- Offer or send advertising and other business information SF believes may interest you by means of telephone, email and SMS;
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in surveys, prize draws and other offers or promotions;
- Send information to your contacts if you ask SF to do so;
- Process claims SF receives in connection with its services;
- Operate, evaluate and improve SF business (including developing new products and services; managing SF communications; determining the effectiveness of SF sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing SF’s products, services, websites and apps; and performing accounting, auditing, invoicing, and reconciliation activities);
- Perform data analysis (including market and consumer research, trend analysis and financial analysis);
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activities, claims or other liabilities;
- Comply with SF’s applicable legal rules and SF policies.
In addition, SF may use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (1) customizing users' visits to SF websites and apps, (2) delivering contents (including advertising) tailored to users' interests and the manner in which users browse SF websites and apps, and (3) managing SF business. SF may supplement data it collects through automated means with information about your location (such as your postcode) to provide you with contents that may be of interest to you. SF also uses this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer SF websites and apps, and identify users of SF websites and apps. SF can combine cookies and web beacons with location information to collect and handle collected information, such as genders, age groups, and located provinces and cities. SF uses clickstream data to determine usage patterns and how SF may tailor its websites and apps to better meet the needs of SF users.
SF may also use the information it collects about you in other ways for which SF provides specific notice at the time of collection.
III. Sharing or Disclosure of Information
In principle, SF does not provide your personal information to third parties; but SF may share your information with or disclose your information to third parties in the following situations:
- To perform our pick-up and delivery services, SF may share shipping information with third parties such as shippers, receivers, third party payers and recipients.
- For the purpose of providing you with products, services, or improving products or services, SF may also share your personal information with its cooperation partners including affiliates, contractors, and service providers. However, the above entities shall limit the usage of such information in the stated purposed in this Policy.
- SF may share your personal information with cooperation partners including affiliates, contractors, and service providers for other purposes, such as to offer products or services that may interest you.
- At the request of laws or industry associations or for the purpose of improving the service level and credit environment of the industry, SF may provide your information to the related industry credit platforms such as express logistics credit information platforms.
- Under other circumstances where SF is required to share personal information with third parties due to provision of SF’s products or services or by law, SF may share information with the third parties.
In addition, SF also may disclose information about you (1) if SF is required to do so by law, regulation or legal process; (2) in response to requests by government agencies (such as judicial investigation and demographic census); (3) to investigate or cooperate in investigating illegal activities (such as order frauds on e-commerce websites); (4) to prevent you from imminent danger in terms of life, body or properties; (5) to prevent major hazards to others' rights and interests; (6) for SF to protect its own legitimate interests; (7) to advance public interests without any harm to your interests.
IV. Unsubscription of Marketing Communications
SF sends you marketing communications (by means of mails and SMSs) to facilitate your selection of commodities or services and improve your user experience. Meanwhile, SF respects your choice, and provides you with convenient unsubscription method. If you choose to reject the related information for whatever reason, after receiving marketing communications, operate based on the unsubscription instruction (such as replying “TD”) to request SF not to send further marketing communications, and SF will respect your request.
V. Information Access and Correction
You may use your accounts and passwords of SF (such as SF official website, SF International, and SFBuy) to log in SF-related websites where you have registered, and obtain access to personal information you provided to SF upon registration. You may also obtain access to personal information SF maintains about you by contacting us. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, SF will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information.
If you believe that personal information SF maintains about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may amend the information directly on relevant websites where you have registered; or you may also request that SF corrects or amends the information by contacting us.
Under any one of the following circumstances, you can request SF to delete your personal information: (1) If SF’s action of handling your personal information has violated laws and regulations; (2) If SF collects or handles your personal information without your consent; (3) If SF‘s handling your personal information has violated SF’s agreement with you; (4) If you have canceled your account.
VI. Cross-border Transfer of Information
Please be aware that: In principle, personal information that has been collected and generated during SF’s operation within a country will be stored within the territory of the country; However, for the purpose of providing you with products or services or for business operation requirements, SF may transfer your information to countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When SF transfers your information to other countries, it will take relevant measures to protect the information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. However, regardless of the differences of destination countries of information transfer, SF will protect such information at a level not lower than the information protection level of the country in which the information was originally collected.
SF attaches great importance to the security of your personal information, and it will adopt all reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguard measures to protect your personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. The specific measures include but not limited to: (1) Technical measures that are compliant with industry standards, such as encryption techniques, access control, and information security assessment; (2) Data security management regulations, such as data compliance policy, security management regulations, non-disclosure agreement, employee training on personal information and data protection, and legally binding contract or agreement; (3) Information security response emergency system, that is, in case of information security event, we will immediately start emergency measures according to provisions of laws and regulations.
Meanwhile, please be aware that, SF has been taking vigorous measures to protect your personal information security, but: (1) Owing to technological limit and possible malicious attacks, under the circumstances that we adopt every reasonable measures, we still cannot guarantee 100-percent safety of your information; (2) Although SF takes steps to limit access to its facilities and vehicles to only authorized individuals, we cannot rule out all possibilities that others get information that is located on the outside of a package or letter.
VIII. Protection of Personal Information of Minors
SF values personal information protection of the minors. If you are under 18 years of age, you should not use SF’s products and services without the consent of your parent or guardian to this Policy
X. Separability of Provision
If any provision of this Policy violates the provisions of any applicable law, the provision shall be subject to the related law. For contents that are not covered by this Policy, the contents shall be subject to the related law.
If any one or more of the provisions of this Policy shall be declared or adjudged to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect other provisions hereof. This Policy shall be construed subject to the deletion of such illegal, invalid or unenforceable provisions.
XI. Updates of this Policy
To reflect the amendments of laws related to personal information and the changes of SF practices in protecting personal information, SF may revise this Policy where appropriate, and release the revised version on this page. We recommend that you periodically log in to this page to learn SF’s revisions to this Policy. If such revision involves a material alteration to this Policy, we will notify you in a more obvious mode (such as posting a notice in an eye-catching location on SF’s website or providing a pop-up window notice) and mark the latest time of update. Under this circumstance, if you continue to use our websites, applications, or other products or services, it shall be deemed that you agree on this revised Policy. This policy and its revised versions take effect as of the day of release.
XII. Requests or Complaints
To better protect your personal information and facilitate communication with you about personal information protection, SF has established a special information protection department. If you have any request or complaint about personal information, or if you have any doubt about this Policy, you can contact us in the following means. Usually, for your consultation, request or complaint, SF will give you reply or explanation within a reasonable time limit.
Definition："personal information" refers to all kinds of information recorded by electronic means or otherwise that can be used independently or together with other information to identify a particular natural person's identity or reflect particulars on his or her activities, including the natural person's name, ID number, contact information about his or her e-mail address or phone number, address, account name and password thereof, property conditions, whereabouts and tracks, etc. If other definition of “personal information” has been provided by applicable law of the country or region you are located, then such definition shall prevail.