Whereas you have learned and agreed that the Company charges based on the weight of your consignment instead of the value or expected earning of your consignment, in line with the fair and reasonable principle, the both parties agree on the following compensation agreements:
1.1 If shipment loss, damage or partially loss is caused owning to the Company's reason, the Company shall waive the freight charge this time, and compensate according to the following standards:
1.1.1 If you have not selected the Shipment Protection Plus (SPP) service, the Company shall compensate a credit account customer the actual loss within the limit of 9 times the freight charge, or compensate a non-credit account customer the actual loss within the limit of 7 times the freight charge. If you regard the compensation standard insufficient for making up for your loss, you shall select the SPP service that can cover the actual value of your consignment.
1.1.2 If you have selected the SPP service and paid the SPP charge, the Company shall compensate according to the SPP amount and your loss proportion, with the maximum compensation amount not exceeding the actual loss value of the consignment.
1.1.3 The residual value shall be handled according to the negotiation result between the Company and you. If the residual value is finally attributed to you, the Company will deduct the residual value from the approved compensation amount.
1.2 The Company is not liable for any indirect losses based on possible gains, profits, practical use, business opportunities, or commercial value.
2. Statement and Commitment
2.1 You have confirmed that, when you use the service due to the requirement of work, you have obtained full authorization of your company, and have fully read, understood and accepted all contents of the terms and conditions.
2.2 You have agreed that the Company has the right to unilaterally change the terms and conditions without further separate notification, but you can log in to the Company’s official website to query the information or call the Company’s customer service hotline for consultation. If you continue to use the service after the terms and conditions are changed, it means that you have fully read, understood and accepted all modified terms and conditions, and you shall comply with the modified terms and conditions when using the service. If you do not agree the modified terms and conditions, you shall stop using the service.
2.3 Declared value: Whereas the Company cannot evaluate the actual value of consignments, if the value of your consignment exceeds RMB 1,000, you shall truthfully declare the value to the Company. If you do not declare the value, it is deemed that the consignment value is not exceeding RMB 1,000.
2.4 Shipment Protection Plus (SPP): The SPP service provided by the Company is charged based on the consignment value that you declare and compensation in this respect shall be made based on the actual loss value of the consignment. You shall base the SPP service on the actual value of your consignment, and no compensation will be obtained if you base the SPP service on a false value.
3. The contracting parties of the terms and conditions are you and subsidiary companies, branch offices, and associated companies of SF Express Co., Ltd. at the place of origin of your shipment.
4. To guarantee safe delivery of your shipment, in sending your shipment, you shall perform the following obligations:
4.1 You shall truthfully declare the consignment contents and value, and fill in accurately and clearly the information including shipper and receiver names, addresses and phone numbers.
4.2 You shall, according to the nature of your consignment (especially fragile goods, liquid and gas), provide sufficient damage-proof, leakage-proof, and explosion-proof packaging to guarantee safe delivery of the consignment.
4.3 You shall abide by the laws and regulations on prohibited goods. The Company shall have the right to inspect the consignment, and have the right to hand over prohibited or restricted goods, if found, to the related department for handling, and cooperate with the related department on investigation for legal responsibility.
4.4 If the consignment requires approval or inspection processes, you shall provide the Company with certificates to prove that you have completed the processes.
5. Your liability of compensation for damage
5.1 In the event that quality defects with or damaged packaging of your consignment results in corrosion or damage to other consigned goods, transport tools or mechanical equipment, or casualties, you shall be held liable for compensation.
5.2 If your consignment is confiscated or detained, or the delivery route needs to be changed because the consignment is prohibited or restricted from distribution or contain such prohibited or restricted goods, you shall compensate the Company or third parties for economic losses caused by the delay in delivery or imparity in value of the cargoes.
6. Right of lien
If you or your designated payer fails to fully pay expenses, the Company is entitled to retain your consignment for 3 months (commencing on the date of shipment pickup) unless the consignment cannot be retained due to its nature. If you or your designated payer still fails to fully pay expenses upon expiry of the retention term, the Company may sell off or auction retained goods and take priority in compensation, and the price derived therefrom shall first be used to pay the expense and storage expense incurred by the Company in exercising the lien and then pay the expense owed to the Company. In case of any balance, such balance can be remitted to your designated account according to your requirements. If the Company gives a written notice requesting you to cooperate with the Company in exercising the lien, if you do not give written reply within 7 days upon sending of the notice, it is deemed that you agree on the Company’s plan of excising the lien. The Company’s exercise of lien shall not affect its other legitimate rights stipulated in this agreement.
7. Agreements about charges and invoices:
7.1 For a paid-by-receiver shipment, if the receiver does not make the payment and you request to make the payment by yourself, you shall also pay the surcharge to the Company.
7.2 If you instruct to pick up or deliver shipments in a logistics center or bonded area that require payment of warehouse-in/out fee or other extra fees, you or your designated payer shall pay the above mentioned extra fees including warehouse-in/out fees that the Company has paid for you in advance and shall also pay the surcharge to the Company.
7.3 If the Company provides you services in legal holidays such as the Spring Festival and during business peak period such as “Double Eleven”, you shall pay the surcharge to the Company.
7.4 For the consignment that fails to be delivered, if you request to return the consignment, you shall bear the freight charges of the round trip.
7.5 Freight charges are collected based on the calculation standards announced by the Company on its official website or agreed in a written agreement between both parties. If one party questions calculation errors in freight charges and request for correction, the other party shall actively cooperate with the party on correction of errors.
7.6 The Company shall provide invoices when collecting monthly payment from credit account customers. If you are not a credit account customer of the Company, you can ask for invoices by providing the original copy of waybills from the Company within one month after payment.
8. The charging standards of the Company’s service products and surcharges are subject to the prices and policies announced on the Company’s official website. The Company has the right to reasonably change the prices according to the change of the market environment. You can log in to the Company's official website to query the information or call the Company’s customer service hotline for consultation. If you continue to send your shipment, it means that you agree to make payment according to the changed prices.
9. The transit time description of the Company’s service products is subject to the description announced on the Company’s official website. You can log in to the Company's official website to query the information or call the Company’s customer service hotline for consultation. If the Company is delayed in delivering a shipment beyond the transit time, the Company shall compensate only by waiving the freight charge of the delayed shipment.
11. You have agreed to receive product/service introduction, promotion information and other commercial information announced or sent by the Company and its associated companies in the form of phone calls, emails, and mobile phone short messages.
12. If you have selected the Return Proof of Delivery service but the Proof of Delivery is damaged or lost owning to the Company’s reason, the Company shall compensate only by providing the Return Proof of Delivery service one time for free.
13. In case that any matter is not covered or not clearly specified herein and no supplementary agreement has been reached by the two parties, the applicable national laws and regulations shall prevail.
14. Where any clause in the agreement is held by a court or government body as invalid or partly invalid, both parties agree to continue complying with other clauses hereof and that partly valid clauses should remain in effect to their utmost enforceable degree.
15. In the event of any disputes over this agreement, both parties hereto shall settle them through amicable consultations. In the event that the consultations fail, either party may initiate a lawsuit with the people’s court in the place where the shipment is sent.