S.F. Express (Hong Kong) is committed to promoting tradition Chinese virtues, living up to its core values, supporting the less privileged, protecting the environment, promoting harmony and contributing in the community through the implementation of a broad range of CSR initiatives, which include donations, education aids, logistics sponsorships, sustainability efforts, as well as women, children and elderly caring activities. The major activities implemented in recent years are below.
- Received a donation certificate for “Poverty alleviation through education” issued by Guangzhou Education Foundation.
- Donated RMB 2 million for the prevention and treatment of the SARS.
- Won the “Donation Award” of the Ministry of Civil Affairs of the People’s Republic of China.
2004 & 2005
- Received a “Donation Certificate” issued by Guangdong Youth Development Foundation for a donation of RMB 1 million for the Hope Project.
- Invested over RMB 2.5 million for the philanthropy fund.
2006 & 2007
- Invested over RMB 2.5 million for the philanthropy fund.
- 5.12 Earthquake, SF in Action”: Donated RMB 10 million and tents capable of accommodating 3,500 people to Wenchuan, and sent 78 volunteers to help rescue and rebuild locally.
- Sponsored 44 orphans from Beichuan, Qingchuan and Anxian until they reach the age of 18.
- Invested over RMB 10 million for the philanthropy fund .
- Invested over RMB 2.5 million for the philanthropy fund .
- Established Guangdong SF Charity Foundation.
- Supported the disaster relief for the drought in Southwest China.
- Supported the disaster reconstruction in Yushu, Qinghai.
- Funded the Charity Class in Meigu County, Liangshan.
- Supported the construction of hydropower stations in minority villages.
- Invested over RMB 16.5 million for the philanthropy fund .
- Financed the repair and renovation of the school buildings of Jiangxi Hailong School with over RMB 50,000.
- Signed a “SF Scholarship” agreement successively with 15 universities and colleges with a total value of RMB 1.56 million.
- Financed the road construction of Anning Town, Youxi County with RMB 160,000.
- Financed the construction of the nursing home in Jiangba Village, Tagong Town, Kangding County, Sichuan Province with RMB 2.5 million.
- Donated 450 schoolbags to Heshi Town Central Primary School, Hebu Primary School and Huangshi Primary School in Guangdong Province.
- Financed the portable house construction of the charity primary school in Daka Town, Banma County with RMB 300,000.
- Donated RMB 150,000 for poverty alleviation in Litian Village, Heping County, Guangdong Province.
- Financed the construction of the school buildings, the digital youth palace and the campus network of Beicuo Central Primary School, Pingtan County with RMB 260,000.
- Sponsored 50 students of the SF Charity Class in Qiaowo Town Central School, Puge County, Liangshan, valuing total RMB 790,000 for 6 years.
- Financed the construction of the sport field in Kuixi Primary School, Guzhu Town, Zijin County, Guangdong Province.
- Built 7 SF e-Classrooms in total with 333 computer CPUs, 112 CRT displays, 68 LCDs and 333 sets of accessories donated.
- On-going Lotus education aid: Sponsored 120 students of 5 middle schools in Yongjing County, Gansu Province and 80 students from 2 middle schools in Taihu County, Anhui Province, valuing approximately RMB 600,000 per year.
- Donated 38 computer CPUs,200 desks and chairs to Longchuan County Central Primary School, Guangdong Province.
- Financed Luojue Primary School, Jinyang County, Liangshan, Sichuan Province, and sponsored 50 dependent children, with total value of RMB 910,000 for 6 years.
- Financed the high school class for girls in Liangshan Minzu Middle School, Sichuan Province and sponsored 60 high school girls in poverty with total valuing of RMB 950,000 for 3 years.
- Donated 50 computers to Lingyun County School, Guangxi Province for teaching and administrative purposes.
- Donated 500 desks and chairs to Yongjing County Huimin Middle School, Gansu Province;
- Financed the repair and renovation project of the basketball court of Yongxin County Hailong School, Jiangxi Province with approximately RMB 60,000.
- Financed the road reconstruction project of Jiangfang Village, Liancheng, Longyan with approximately RMB 230,000.
- Donated RMB 200,000 for poverty alleviation in Yao Autonomous County of Wangnan Village in Jitian Town, Lianshan Zhuang and
- Donated RMB 100,000 for poverty alleviation in Pengzhai Town, Heping County.
- Donated supplies valuing approximately RMB 6,000 to Shanxi Kong Zhenlan Orphanage.
- Invested over RMB 3 million to the charity foundation.
- Disaster relief: Actively participated in the disaster relief for Ya'an and Min County by waving freight of RMB 27 million for disaster supplies from every corner of the country and donating supplies valuing RMB 67,000 to Minxian County.
- Lotus education aid: Sponsored 516 students and granted RMB 1.8 million to Lotus scholarship for the year in Gansu Yongjing, Anhui Taihu, Jilin Baicheng, Guizhou Tianzhu, Jiangxi Chongyi and Hunan Zhongfang.
- Lotus Primary Schools: Signed a school contract with Zhenyuan County and Gangu County of Gansu Province in which donated RMB 12 million to build 5 SF Lotus Primary Schools, and donated RMB 1.7054 million inthe year of contract signing. Donated RMB 70,000 for the campus repair and renovation of Haixin County Hailong School, Jiangxi Province.
- Liangshan Charity Class: Opened two new SF charity classes respectively in Xichang Girls’ Middle School and Zhaojue Sikai Primary School, increasing the number of SF charity classes in Liangshan to six and donatedRMB 1.2 million in the same year to sponsor 200 dependent children and 110 middle schoolpoverty students in Liangshan.
- One Student One Desk Project: Donated 550 desks and chairs to Longgou Town Heping Village Primary School and Longgou Town Central School in Jiangxi Province.
- College scholarships: Granted scholarships totaling RMB 640,000 to students from 21 different universities and colleges.
- Poverty relief: Granted poverty relief fund totaling RMB 830,000 to help 65 families in poverty, sponsored orphans of Qingchuan earthquake with a total amount of RMB 255,800, and donated charity parcels for senior care valuing RMB 418,100.
- Environmental Charity: Invested RMB 400,000 in building a sharing platform for idle items to promote the recycling concept. In 2013, SF invested RMB 34.32 million to charity activities on a cumulative basis, including RMB 27 million for waiving of freight for disaster relief supplies.
- Lotus Primary Schools: completed construction of SF Lotus Primary Schoolsin Hongyagou, Baiju, Zhangjiashan, Majiaxian and Yangjiawan of Gansu Province, with total investment of RMB 5.276 million throughout the year.
- Lotus Education Aid: Provided education aid to 1125 students in Gansu, Anhui, Jilin, Guizhou, Jiangxi, Hunan and Guangxi provinces, totaling RMB 2.07 million; organized summer camps in Shenzhen and Beijing, also invested RMB 190,000 to help 48 poverty-stricken kids to expand their horizons.Throughout the year, a total of 385 SF volunteers were engaged in lotus visit, and 365 SF volunteers engaged in the "Companion" program.
- Liangshan Charity Classes: Opened two new SF charity classes (elementary school) at the Riha Center School and the Sikai Hope Middle School of Zhaojue, Liangshan, increasing the number of SF charity classes in Liangshan to eight, and earmarked RMB 1.762 million to support 300 local abandoned kids and 110 local poverty-stricken middle school students.
- Aiyou Special Fund: Donated RMB 5 million to Aiyou Foundation to set up a SF special fund, providing assistance to orphan and needy children with congenital heart disease and leukemia.
- One Student One Desk Project: Donated 2,895 sets of desks and chairs to elementary schools in Gangu of Gansu, Tianzhu of Guizhou and Chongyi of Jiangxi, totaling RMB 340,000.
- SF e Program: Collected and assembled 195 unused computers, and invested RMB 550,000 to set up audio-visual classrooms in Hunan and Gansu, benefiting more than 2,000 students.
- College Scholarships: Granted scholarships totaling RMB 857,000 to 247 excellent students from 19 different colleges and universities.
- Disaster Relief: played an active part in Ludian relief by donating relief supplies valued RMB 130,000 and providing relief freight supplies supported total amount RMB 590,000 to charity organizations.
- Environment protection: Made publicity efforts to increase environmental awareness and rendered support to environmental actions; organized nine rounds of LNT (Leave No Trace) training together with doyouhike.net, printed and handed out over 15,000 copies of outdoor environment protection brochures, and supported 1,023 volunteers' mountain cleaning activities in 12 cities including Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Hangzhou and Qingdao.
- Poverty Relief:Granted poverty relief fund totaled RMB 370,000; donated 866 pairs of snow boots to the volunteer charity association of Zhaojue, Liangshan; and donated RMB 400,000 to One Foundation's Warm Bag initiative.
- Others: Donated RMB 160,000 to the Tongmeng Special Fund to support arts education in poor areas; provided freight support valued RMB 60,000 to other social charity activities.
In 2014, SF invested RMB 18 million to charity activities on a cumulative basis.
- LotusPrimary Schools: Invested RMB 5.1693 million to support the building of SF Lotus primary schools in Shuangjiang Bangmu of Yunnan Province and Tianzhu Jinji of Guizhou Province.
- Lotus Education Aid: Donated RMB 6.54 million to sponsor 3,008 poor students in 8 provinces including Gansu and Anhui, and organized events such as summer camps and companions for children.
- Liangshan Charity Class: Increased the number of SF charity classes to 9, donated RMB 1.1987 million to sponsor 470 dependent children and poverty students in Liangshan.
- One Student One Desk Project: Donated RMB 540,000 to purchase 4,026 desks and chairs for 16 schools in Anhui, Jilin and Tibet.
- SF e-Classroom: Invested RMB 448,300 to purchase 376 computers for 7 e-classrooms in Jilin, Qinghai, etc.
- College Scholarships: Granted scholarships totaling RMB 580,000 to 188 outstanding students in poverty from 13 different universities and colleges.
- A Present for Teachers on Teachers’ Day from SF: Donated RMB 3 million to cooperate with China Foundation for Poverty Alleviation to finance 10 national outstanding teachers in poverty from 10 provinces including Guizhou and Yunnan.
- SF Adream Center: Donated RMB 383,400 tocooperate with Shanghai Adream Charitable Foundation to establish 4 SF Adream Centers in Jiangxi Chongyi and Anhui Taihu, sponsoring 4,200 students.
- Ai You Special Fund: Donated RMB 1.005 million to the SF- Ai You Special Fund and saved 645 children with leukemia and CHD.
- Disaster relief: Arranged a dedicated flight to transport 82 ton supplies from Chengdu to support disaster relief in Nepal earthquake.
- Orphan sponsorship in Wenchuan: Donated RMB 198,000 to sponsor 13 dependent orphans from Wenchuan earthquake on an on-going basis.
- Poverty relief: Helped 27 families in poverty and granted poverty relief fund totaling RMB 357,000.
- Volunteer Service: This year, 946 volunteers directly involved in the project operation of SF Foundation all year round, accumulated 53,825.5 service hours; approximately 3,000 people involved in the charity events organized by local volunteer associations, accumulating total of24,000 service hours.
- Social Services: Being awarded ‘5 Years Plus Caring Company Logo’ organized by The Hong Kong Council of Social Service (HKCSS), recognizing the company’s contribution to the community.
- Child Sponsorship: Sponsoring 130 children through World Vision.
- Blind Relief: Over 100 SF employees, families and friends’ participation in ORBIS Walk for Sight 2015 to raise the public awareness on blind relief.
- Contribution to Community: Donation to ‘Community Chest Walkathon’.
- Caring Homeless: Donation and participation in ‘The Homeless World Cup’ football match.
- Environmental Protection: As the official logistic partner of ‘Red Packet Recycling and Reuse Program’ organized by Greeners Action for the fifth consecutive year.
In 2015, SF invested about RMB 28.46 million on charity activities on a cumulative basis (as of November 2015).
- Social Services: Being awarded ‘10 Year Plus Caring Company Logo’ organized by The Hong Kong Council of Social Service (HKCSS), recognizing the company’s contribution to the community.
- Child Sponsorship: Sponsoring 130 children through World Vision.
- Blind Relief: SF employees, family and friends’ participation in ORBIS Walk for Sight 2016 to raise the public awareness on blind relief.
- Education for Poverty: Donation to Shanghai Adream Charitable Foundation to support the education for children of rural migrant workers and those living in remote areas.
- Medical Humanitarian Mission: Donation to Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) providing humanitarian emergency aid and medical care to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare.
- Caring for the Homeless: Donation and participation in ‘The Homeless World Cup’ football match.
- Elderly Care: SF volunteers’ participation in elderly visits during Chung Yeung Festival hosted by Yang Memorial Methodist Social Service to live up to the spirit of Hong Kong.
- Environmental Protection: As the official logistic partner of “Red Packet Recycling and Reuse Program” organized by Greeners Action for the sixth consecutive year.